Tuesday, March 3, 2009

spring brings lots of action at the winns

I always know when March rolls around, I better get off my sleepy little winter butt and get busy. This year April will start with high school rodeo and also our annual K.C.Jones rope school it will be held April 9,10,11 in Nephi. This will be our 7Th rope school with the Worlds Greatest Roper.
K.C. does a great job with horses and kids. We also have Joseph Kimball come with K.C. The duo are great, Joseph has hauled alot with K.C. and they really help one another out. In April we will have two days of private instruction, Thursday, Friday and then Saturday we will have a break-away school for beginners and intermediates. Private lessons will be $150.00 per hour, you can block out as many hours as you want, bring as many horses as you want, and bring up to 3 people. The breakaway on Saturday will be $200.00.
It has been such a privilege to have these men in our home. They are both return missionaries and always strive to do their best. Both of them always loose themselves in the service of others. Our children have grown to love them, and we love to have them in our home.
Heaven I'm sure is smiling when K.C. and Joseph show up. We look forward to the school. May 2 will bring a benefit for Joseph. It will be held in Salina you can find the flyer on Allhorseutah.com.
The benefit is coming together so good, I am so excited. Danna Shaw from Burns Saddelry has donated a custom made saddle and Double Dollar, Pulhams have donated cattle, The Black Hawk has given the facility. So many are pitching in to make a great day. Man I am so blessed to be in the presence of angels. Lucky am I!!!

2 comments:

  1. Holly crap $150 per hour. I should have been a calf roper instead of an Ag. Teacher. Tell Shaddy P. congratulations! See ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap - I'm going to be a calf roper when I retire!
    Looking forward to the High School Rodeo season!
    Great hussle Shad 7 Keleigh Jo!

    ReplyDelete