Monday, March 9, 2009

Friends Great to Have them

So today was windy, and cold. So I opted to run inside at the gym, and find a little fake sun shine. Nothing better than going to Hawaii, for 17 minutes and coming out a little browner than you went in.
Life is so great, the little kids and I hauled calves to the barn, with some horses and a goat. Practice was great, Shad roped good. Magic a mare that has been a little box crazy worked great for both Shad and I. We just took things slow and had some fun.
Elisa and Alexa were there riding so Ky and I worked our horses through the poles. It's nice to have a friend show up to give advice, especially when your six year old knows more about pole bending than you!!! On to goats and we finished up. Fun night, Casy and Dixon went to the buck outs in Spanish Fork, Dixon got on two buckers and made the whistle. He had a great time.
The past couple of day's we have been able to reflect a bit on those who are so close. We have been so fortunate to have some of the greatest kids in our home. From hosting rodeo's to rope schools, to just giving refuge.
Two tall 6 foot girls we chased around all of high school. From basketball games to hauling a calf horse when they didn't have one. Casy had been taking them to a bunch of high school rodeos when a friend asked them how are you Winn's? They just replied oh we just are and that's kinda our dad. So another friend came up to Casy and said I didn't know you were married before Wendy, he laughed and still kept hauling the dazzling duo up and down the high school rodeo trail.
Cara and Christy have grown up since then. Cara is married and has been baptized a member of the church. Christy has a wonderful little girl who just turned one the other day, and has a great job. We first got to know them showing horses in 4-h.
It simply amazes me the mom they have. She is a hero of mine, working on her and her fathers ranch. From haying to calving, yoga to painting, teaching 4-h watching her grand kids grow. Carol we marvel at all you have done and all you do. Cara and Christy were so blessed to have a mother who always put you first, and probably still does. So nice to have someone to look up to.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!!! My mom is a wonderful person and I am so grateful to have her as a mom, not sure i felt that way in high school but I look back and realize the person she was!! I am also grateful to have gone through high school rodeo with you guys, you taught us everything we know-- I do pray that I can return the love that you gave to me and Christy, I have a lot to do to equal up to the amazing people you and Casy are...

    ReplyDelete