Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Character

Dale Carnagie wrote this:
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. Words for the wise.
Patients:
Last night, Shad, KyLeigh Jo and I went to rope calves. I have been working on patients. They were in short running last night. Getting short with KyLeigh caused the usual tears, and a little pain. So by writing this down, I am so going to work on holding my tongue. Does it really need to be said? Make sure that I am so grateful that they want to ride and rope with their mom. To often we get caught up with ourselves, and last night that was definitely one of those moments.
So fortunate to have children to raise, the night ended better than it started and we had a great time. We had 7 horses to ride and a pen full of calves. I don't know anything that can be better than that!!!!! With two of the cutest kids on the planet, and the oldest out with the young men doing a little rock climbing. He came home with really sore for arms.
Ending the night Casy and I fixed the water heater. Bet u never knew we were plumbers, thanks to our friend who is a plumber. He broke his foot riding a colt so we were make shift plumbers last night and it worked out.
Remember to make this day a great one!!!!! And Danna thanks for the great quotes, especially this one from Dale Carnegie

2 comments:

  1. That is something I REALLY need to work on as well. I struggle because I expect perfection and timliness all of the time....I think it is the Hancock in me! :( I am glad you are striving to better yourself though...not that you need it. YOu and your family are pretty close to perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is a virtue is what they say...some are more blessed in that area than others but it is something we ALL need to work at. I've enjoyed reading about the Winns. You guys are a great family and great example to us. Love ya, Deena

    ReplyDelete