Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hump Day

Back to the pallet of words on the blog, you know I might actually be enjoying this!!! We had a busy Tuesday, with the kids off to school, the normal five mile treck around the valley, this time with a new exercise buddy, Sandy. Then off to the arena to practice with Shad and KyLeigh. We started off with hot cocoa runs in the goats trying to beat their own times. Successfully we finished up after 5 or 6 runs, then on to the roping sled.
The roping sled is a great tool when its super cold and mom dosent want to haul cattle. Kyleigh practiced poles while Shad and i roped the calf sled. It went well we finished up with some slow work in the barrels, foot races to stay warm. Shad is smart when he is tired of hearing his sister say shes cold, theres one way to get warm get your blood pumping.
We were headed back to the house, loading horses. I love utah winter, by the time we had come out to the trailer, my door had frozen so I couldnt close it. It was a fun treck home with the back door wide open. Luckily I have full bar dividers so no one could jump out exept the goat!!! Talk about looking like Hillbillys!!!
Life is looking good, just about to get some cocoa after feeding, when my 6' 2" sticks his head out the door. "Oh are we roping" Of course I pipe up heck no we just got done.
In just a couple of minutes here he comes fully dressed, to catch horses. Needless to say my cocoa got put on hold for a couple of hours. It is exciting to me to see my kids desire to be better each day. They work hard at their goals and dreams.
After finishing up with a Rodeo Moms meeting and a few laughs with my friends. It was the usual late night dinner, yellow death with hot dogs and showers lated. So we filled up our tummys, cleaned the dirt off and hit the hay. Just another adventure with the wild winn bunch!

2 comments:

  1. I am duly impressed! What a great blog and cute pix of the family. Has inspired me to update my own blog (which hasn't changed since early December)! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun blog. If your not careful it will become your new fetish. Reading and writing blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete