Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tried and True

Life is a gift, today I want to share a story of a good friend. Joseph Kimball is recovering today in St.Josephs hospital in Arizona. He had open heart surgery on Tuesday the 12Th, ten hours later they said it was complicated but done.
I have known Joseph for about 5 years, we are fortunate enough that he comes to our home every 6 to 8 weeks to shoe some horses and float teeth. Joseph is one of a kind and each year at a rope school we host he comes to help. Joseph has lived a life of service and dedication to many. Each time he comes he has new insight about shoeing and life.
So much he has taught me about the gift of life and how we should grasp it each day. As I spoke with him yesterday he was alert, but exhausted just by a few words he would say. He could hold his head up but only briefly. We talked about him recovering and it would be a long road, but the end would be worth it. When he went in for surgery his heart was only pumping 14% of his blood, in my eyes he was close to death. Joseph is of great worth to so many, I hope for him to have a safe and speedy recovery and be able to take care of his family.
As we go through life we must remember to grasp each day and benefit from all the blessings of others. We need to have eyes to see and ears to hear those silent pleadings, yes a soul filled with compassion, that we might communicate not only eye to eye or voice to ear but, in the majestic style of the savior, heart to heart.(Thomas S. Monson)
This is a favorite scripture " By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.(John 13:35)
Joseph has taught my family this lesson to love and listen. Good luck Joseph I hope you heal quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment