Friday, January 9, 2009

the best of the best friday

Today I dedicate the best of best Friday's for the better half of my life. So you might be trying to guess what is it? Is it payday, you know the day you get to eat out at your favorite place because you have a little extra of the green stuff? Could it be your day to not do laundry, sleep in, no dishes, serenity? Well your close but this day I dedicate to my husband, most of have one, want one, are lost with out one, but I can't live with out one!
Marriage has brought us to almost 17 years, of rocks, hills, large stumbling blocks, but mainly strenghth in one another. Casy is almost 8 years older than me and was a well acomplished bull rider with an education when he stumbled onto a young, six foot blonde, with some spunk. We were soon married and onto a teaching carreer in California.
So many times in our marriage I have mistaken him for his strenghth, and his soul. Love unfained he has shown me time after time. i am strong when I am on his shoulders, he has raised me up to be more than I could ever be.
Fasinated with rodeo and the horse world my whole young life, I dreamt of marriaging a cowboy. That Casy is and a dang good one to boot. Accomplished in roping both ends, working colts, you name it he can do it. An instructor to our children, and many others.
Mainly me, he started a little harsh at first with our horse carreer. For you see when we first met I was preety full of myself. Oh maybe I still am - ha!!! He invited me to go ride with him, I was thrilled. My saddle was on the back porch, I gladdly agreed. We went to the barn where he kept his horses. He sent me to get a little black ride. Coming back with a huge smile and a new friend, he said saddle up. Finished after a couple of minutes I asked if I could help him catch some more colts. He sent me with some halters on a mission, little did I know he was on a mission as well.
As I rounded the corner I saw my saddle perched on the ground. He asked me what stable i had signed up under and who had given me lessons on saddeling. A little ticked off, there was smoke coming out my ears, and probably my nose as well! Things started a little rough that day, but it was the beginning of a dream.
The best of best Friday is dedicated to him for all those times of resaddeling, picking me up after I have made a dust angel in the dirt after being bucked off. The best of best Friday is to Casy for picking me when I have been afraid, here he comes with the wide load of shoulders to carry my burdens. So a challenge to any one who might read this, love your man, kiss him, hold him, let him know he's important to you!!! Never miss an opportunity to learn from them, but also saddle their horse once in a while, run in their shoes. You will find strenghth in their steps. Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment