Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today Matters

The view from here is breathtaking, there is a light mist of rain and the haze is hanging over majestic Mt. Nebo. Towering above us all at almost 12,0000 feet.
As I fed this morning the horses were wet, but warm. Its a little odd to see rain in Utah on a January morning. It was refreshing to feel the cool drops on my face as I fed.
Today Matters is a book I'm reading, it is so beneficial. It talks about just what the title is. Today matters, its appealing and I believe that those words are true. Each day you must decide what will matter in your life. Relationships, family, healthy living, financial freedoms. These are only a few of the topics i have read thus far.
Running yesterday I pondered the thought of how today would matter. My goal each day is to go the extra mile. My health is going to benefit as I run each day, and eat healthy. Eliminating sugars, pop, anything harmful to my body. Relationships are going to blossom and become a wealth of love to my soul. As i continue to only think positive about others and think of the good their life will bring to mine. My family is getting better each day, we are working on developing long life relationships. Unconditional love, forgiveness, being patient and tolerant of one another. Financial freedoms is a real weak spot for me. Casy and I are designing a plan that will help us achieve those goals.
The book is full of great tips and quotes. I leave you with a quote that is a favorite of mine: Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain.
Each day find joy in something, just like the presence of the mountain, in the mist of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment