Friday, February 20, 2009

values - what are yours?

A book I finished recently has some great ideas about values, I would like to share those today.
Because your core values are the deeply held beliefs that authentically describe your soul, they become a companion to you through-out your life. That can be very reassuring. U.S. President Abraham Lincoln said, "When I lay down the reins of this administration, I want to have one friend left, and that friend is inside myself.
I learned this lesson early in life, about 15 I was short, chubby didn't have any friends and didn't really enjoy life. For a while life didn't ease up either, I was constantly looking for assurance and approval from others. Living in a remote town, running to a hiding spot next to a river gave me some time to think. All I could think about was how bad I had it.
Luckily the Wendy Winn living in those size 13 shoes still has a place to run to. Life is about reaching deep inside and discovering who you really are. What is it that I stand for. Do my values come through every time I make a commitment? This is so important, that when you give your word you follow through. And your very best friend, who is it - well its you!! How exciting is that. I'm in love with me, that its exciting to be living in these day's, raising a family, working towards goals and dreams.
By choosing to embrace and practice good values every day, you choose the higher course of life. And your life goes in a direction that you will always feel good about. You may not always get what you desire, but you will always be the person you desire to be.
Heres to a great weekend of wrestling, roping and some family time!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Values is very important to me too, you and your family have lifted my spirits so much and reading your blog builds my testimony of the church so much, so of course I concider Dixon my brother and I love thinking of him as that! My dad wont' talk to me told me he wasn't concidering me apart of his family, and Cody has been falling away from the church and struggling so this post will really help me out. I truly appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara, thats great to hear, the church is true and it is so amazing!! It can help us in so many avenues in our life. we love you and are so glad you have been a huge part of our lives. always rely on your heavenly father to help lift you up and know he is always there, always. love ya momma wendy

    ReplyDelete