Thursday, April 23, 2009

Joseph Kimball Benefit - May 2

I have just a minute before I am going on the air live with cable talk, on KMTI a radio station in Richfield. We are talking about the benefit in Salina on May 2, 2009 for my friend Joseph Kimball.
What an exciting event this will be, I can barely wait to see how it turns out an all of the fun we are going to have!!!!
When I decided to do a benefit I included some other friends of Joseph's, Matt Sherwood 2 time world champion Header, and K.C. Jones, 4 time world champ and Worlds Greatest Roper, BFI champion. Along with these world champions are many others who are coming to rope and have a great time!!!
In preparing we have been able to come up with a custom made saddle donated by Burns Saddlery, BlackHawk Arena use, so many auction items i can't even write them all. So many friends and family who are willing to help all day.
Just to sum it up, I really love the opportunity it brings to my family,, that we are able to work and play together.. Joseph has spent countless hours away from his family helping mine and so many others. If there is any better example of commitment, love, unselfishness, hard work, friend until the end, it would be my friend Joseph and his wonderful family.
When times are tough we need to rely on each other and work hard to help others be successful. Joseph is a little overwhelmed by the whole benefit. I told him it was just a huge party to celebrate that he made it through an overwhelming experience!!! So here's to you my friend, we love you and we are going to tear it up next week!!! off to the talk show and park city to help at the Burns Cowboy Shop.
Wendy

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so great you're doing this for Joseph. If anyone deserves it, it's definitely him. I only knew him a little bit, but I saw enough to know he is a great man who lives his life in selfless service to others. Just like you and Dad! :)

    ReplyDelete