Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy 18th Birthday

Well I never never thought today would come!!! 10-10-10, holy smokes. My baby chubby ten pound baby turned 18. Now he is six foot two and a handsome devil. I reflected today on so many things. Dixon is an astounding young man, driven by talent, passion and many other great attributes.
He decided to spend the year at the Double Dollar ranch in Holden, doing an internship and finishing school. When Dixon was little he would saddle this paint we had named tonto, he had a big long ladder he had taken off his swing set, he would put it next to the fence, throw every thing together, and use his big shoulders to cinch him up, he also had a pony spur that took the same abuse.
He had and still has a great imagination and it was fun for him he was a lonely only child until six. He grew up fast in a older group of friends, he and Joe rode sheep and calves, and horses and hay bales until dark, They would lope horses through the fields, tie up Josh until they knew he was going to kill them.
Dixon wrestled and wrestled, tournaments from hill to dale. Always been a great student and not much of a mommies boy.
I can't beleive how time has flown, we have had some rough times, me kicking his butt and sending him home, crying together, laughing together, him taking my money on long trips playing cards, riding colts, watching wrestling.

Heres to you buddy, a mothers love is deep, long and windy like a river. Its endless because it runs into the ocean or a lake. Sometimes the current takes you fast and other times it smooths out into a large body of water, just nestling you against the banks and pushing you into the next faze of life. I love you Dixon, I wish you the best, can't wait to be there when you win the world, hug your best girl, kick you in the butt, wait for those calls from college, laugh, and wait in the window till you pull in the drive way after a long spell. I wish you the world, I know you will be successful, happy birthday, thanks for the memories and the more that are on the way. love mom

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry. We were tied at the hips a few years ago and he truly is my brother i Love him so much. I hope he had a great birthday...

    ReplyDelete