Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Home is where your heart is

Last weekend, we traveled to Vernal to a high school rodeo. Yep, its where home was for 10 years. It was a great weekend. Dixon didn't have much success at the rodeo on Saturday. THe boys went to Boren's Friday night and roped till 2 in the morning, calves, team rope and just had a blast. Kyleigh and Shad stayed the night and then came the next morning with McKenzie.
Saturday after the rodeo, we headed to Randlett, where Joe had aranged a hot date for he and Dixon, and since they were broke they had the girls to the house for hamburgars and hotdogs, and then watched the cowboy way in the house trailer. Dixon had a ton of fun, and really enjoyed his date. It makes me laugh to see those boys together, they bring out the best in each other.
Casy and I visited with Shane and Lisa, helped with a few chores and had much fun!! Thanks to the Frosts and Borens for a great weekend!!
Sunday morning we headed to the little Branch in Randlett. WOW is all i can say, so special to me. Its where I discovered the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. Overwhelming thougths overcame me as I sat and listened to the talks. THen we got to see all of those who made us so welcome, the branch president, relief society president, all from when we were there. The tears just streamed down my cheeks, what a great love and compassion I felt in my heart for all those who loved us so much. Didn't care about our past, only about helping us and teaching us about the truths of the gospel.
True Love is a process. True loves requires personal action. Love must be continuing to be real. Love takes time . . . speak and reassure others of our love and the long time it takes to prove it by our actions. Real love does take time. The Great Shepherd had the same thought in mind when he taught, "If ye love me , keep my commandments" and "If ye love me feed my sheep" Love is a process. . . and we can often best show our love though the processess of feeding and keeping. Marvin Ashton
This is why we should pray with all the energy of our heartsw that we might possess the pure love of Christ - Moroni 7:48
Thanks to all of you who have shown me how to love, and loved me for being me!!!!

3 comments:

  1. It was great to see you guys again! I can't believe how much teh kids have grown, but are still the same sweet little people they always were. Love you guys to death!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have known you were in Vernal, I waited until about 1:00 to hear from you... hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got chills as I read your post. That is really amazing. I'm so happy you had such a great weekend. You deserve to have amazing experiences like that, because you are amazing people. You have continued "the chain of love" so to speak. You definitely taught me a lot about loving and being loved! Jeremy and I have a very special place in our hearts for you. Thanks for being you!
    P.S. Your grandson is humongous!

    ReplyDelete