Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fair week is over !!!!!! YEH!!!!

Fair week is complete!! Can't say how happy I am about that. We had a new experience, and showed the cutest dang pig!!! Just barely weighing in at 230, after much prayer, and lots of his favorite cake mix on top of his pig food, Porkie made the cut!!!!
It was fun, Shad did a good job showing him and selling him. He made 500, and was a little sad to see him go.
Shad and Dixon had a great run in the team roping on Tuesday night. A 6.3, ended up just barely getting them a check. They were excited, and it was lots of fun. KyLeigh Jo was in the queen contest, and just came up short of the title. She did so awesome, and I was so proud.
Dixon is back at high school rodeo this weekend, ended up 2ND in the calf roping with a 10.2 and first in the bull riding. I can't believe how time fly he will be a Jr this year!!!
I turned a year older last week, and when I ran the barrels on Wednesday, my little girl became a star at the microphone!!! It was dang cute, and made my day as she sang Happy Birthday to me. Of course she added the part that said I look like a monkey and I am one to. So lucky!!!!
Casy will have to go back to school this week, and the kids head back shortly after that. Summer has been the best time. Casy and I went to the mountain for my birthday, went horse riding, slept in,ate, played cards, and laughed. Good times, just living the dream, man am I lucky!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! Sounds like things are going really well. I bet you had lots of fun in the mountains. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay we both had birthdays! i hope it was great! miss you guys, tell everyone good job and Dixon to STOP growing up! are you coming to Vernal?

    ReplyDelete