Saturday, December 25, 2010

The fast pace November - December

Well here it it Christmas Day, and I remembered after talking with a friend of mine, its been a while since I have updated.
November our favorite sport got back on the front plate, Hot burner and boy is it burning!!! Shad is wrestling 86 - 90lbs depending on where the team needs him and what the tournament has to offer. He has been very successful with some really great matches, overtime, wins and some losses. The first match of the season was awesome, I thought maybe he might be a lil rusty, guess again mom. All four kids ended up crying, in the scissors begging for the match to end, as I asked Shad what he thought as a first match. He smiled and said I learned so much at Elite Wrestling from the college wrestlers it's tremendous. . I smiled and definitely agreed, you could see it in his take downs and levels as he wrestled, and determination. I love that about him. Winning a state title is on his bucket list. Can't wait for the day to come Shad!!!
Most definitely we roped up and tied some calves in St.George, we didn't enter the bull riding because of our torn elbow. Dixon had some awesome runs both in the team roping and calf roping. Quinn and the twins did awesome as well. Its fun for me to see them all go do great after practicing with them. We videoed in the practice pen, when it was 40 below, trying to get a better flank and smoother runs. Great fun!!!
KyLeigh Jo has been staying busy with piano and tumbling as well as horses. This fall she gets her goat and break-away horse after school, rides them to Grandmas, puts them on the hot walker and goes in and practices the piano. Both Grandma's are smiling from ear to ear that she loves piano.
December has been crazy, Dixon, Shad and I went to Vegas. I left on the 28Th of November to set up with Burns Saddlery, and then the second week was the Double Dollar Horse Sale. Burns was exciting for me, Braydon and I ended up working saddles. Brayden is the general manager of the company and has so much knowledge on trees and leather and fit, so excited to expand my knowledge. We did great as a team and sold close to 20 before the show ended.
The 12Th annual Double Dollar Horse Sale, was such a great production, and a so rewarding. As the year unfolded and my responsibilities became heavier and heavier in Holden, the sale brought faces to names and people and great horses. It was a growing achievement for me, I announced the two days of previews and so so so enjoyed that. The sale was down from other years, but made lots of new friends and we all had a great time in Vegas!!
Christmas was by far the best ever. Dixon came home from the ranch, we spent time shopping together, laughing, trying on pants and shirts. He is such a handsome dude. And I almost forgot, he is headed to Panhandle State in Goodwell Oklahoma on a full ride scholarship. We are so tickled about that!!!
As Christmas unfolded this morning we took turns opening and talking. The kids all brought up some of their greatest achievements and things that were tough they had to work through. It took 2 hours and not so many presents, but a super awesome time. Growth continues to fascinate me with my children. They are wise beyond their years, they love with out end, work hard, smile alot and have the best attitudes ever. Once again this blog might just be about me being the luckiest mom ever!!!!
I am determined to be happy in whatever situation I may be- for I have learned from experience that the greater part of happiness or misery depends upon dispositions and not our circumstances.
Merry Christmas to all and a Happy Happy New Year, I can't wait to see what tommorow brings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment