Friday, April 30, 2010

Determintaion is the wake up call to the human will

Little bit of time for some human reflection, still snowing on a great spring day in April here in Utah!! As a have been down the road the last month, I have really spent some personal time on becoming a better person. I have been reading a book by Anthony Robbins - Awaken the Giant Within. The only real time I give myself to read is while I'm driving or riding the bike at the gym.
The chapter this morning was a about goals, I have learned about asking questions, changing your metaphors, the ten emotions of power.
they are 1. love and warmth, 2. appreciation and gratitude, 3. excitement and passion, 4. determination, 5.flexibility, 7. confidence, 8.cheerfulness, 9. vitality, 10. contribution. We need to plant these emotions daily, and watch our lives grow with vitality like we have never seen before!!
I believe it, our lives are a gift, lets unwrap it everyday and see someone's expression change by the gifts we give.
Our family is doing well. Dixon is drawing near on his jr year, he is developing some excellent talents in so many areas. What a giant he has become. His talents are coming together. Shad has had an extraordinary year as a fifth grader, the wrestling program at UVU really helped him become better in lots of avenues of his life.
KyLeigh Jo was baptized recently and what a wonderful blessing she is to our little family.
I have been working in Holden for Greg Kesler, it has been a super experience for me, they have some great opportunities and some really good boys who are working their as well. My life is rich, preparing to run a half marathon before summer and a full marathon by the end of the year. Learning to swim, continue to work on my horsemanship and heading skills, in ten years i will be a number 8. Pull your boot straps up, cant wait!!

3 comments:

  1. WHAT?? Has hell froze over????? You are learning to swim???? Are we preparing for a triathalon???? Go get 'em tiger! It'a about time! YEE HAW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no hell hasn't froze over and I'm going to bite the bullet!!! don't you be scared!!!!@!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time! Sounds like you're all as busy as ever. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete